Friday, January 06, 2012

Hair Friendly Hair Ties

I took up spool knitting again. For those of that don't remember anymore:



I loved spool knitting as a child, and I still prefer it to regular i-cording. It's actually quite relaxing.

I bought the new spool in the picture. I actually had to ask the shop keeper where I could find them, and she looked a little odd at me and said I could find it in the toy section. But nevermind ;).

I  wanted to do a small project to get into it again, and I decided to make some hair ties, as I used to to together with my grandma when I was little.

And this is the result. I couldn't put a stop to it, until I needed the spool to make the strap for my new cloche.


2 comments:

  1. I remember my grandma teaching me how to use one of those!
    Oh, and what fun it was!
    I haven't seen one around here. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! That's so funny! When I was little, I used to make a lot of i-cord, and my grandmother decided to turn it into something useful :) So we used to make these together. I've never seen a tutorial online though.

    ReplyDelete