Friday, May 07, 2010

My slowly advancing cardigan...


My cardigan is growing. I tried it on some days ago, and up till now it fits. I’ve almost reached the arm pits and I still have to work out the decrease pattern. And I also have to knit the sleeves, which will take me some more time than usual, since I don’t have a circular 5mm needle, and I have to knit them flatout on regulars and sew the seam together. But I’m still looking forward to finishing it. I still have some buttons, which I think I’ll use. I want to knit a stretch alongside the button edges, which will carry the button holes and the button. So, it’s still a lot of work, but there is some progress. I just always have a hard time finishing big things, since I have 20 new ideas in the mean time, and I really have to stop myself from starting them all. Last days I knitted a new hand bag, but more about that later.

This is what it looked like last time a took a photo...

1 comment:

  1. You are making great progress! And, I can totally relate to having a hard time finishing big projects due to all the ideas bouncing around in your head...I'm the same way. Only I'm not great at putting off starting the ones in my head so I usually have 4 or 5 projects on needles at the same time!

    ReplyDelete